Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why we dress our pets like we dress ourselves?

According to a psychology researcher Adam Waytz of Harvard University people understand the visual difference between a dog and a human but psychologically we can go as far as treating them equally. I know that I love and respect my dogs more than I do some humans.  We all find things in life to which we cling to and that is hardwired to our brain.  But am I to be compared to Paris Hilton with her mani/pedi ready Chihuahua from a purse?  Absolutely not!

"According to a new paper by Waytz and his colleagues, 
people don't just attribute human characteristics to something because it looks or acts like a person.
We also do it to feel more in control and connected to our environment." 

If you read the previous excerpt carefully you might realize that this entire blog is a reflection of that statement.  

 
 


WOW. When I started this post I did not know that it would lead to self discovery. Anthropomorphism is the proper term that describes me giving my puppies human-like characteristics.  When you think about it, poets, who tend to be loners, associate objects with humans so I, as a poet myself, must do the same.  Question Everything though.

No comments:

Post a Comment